Large Pasta shells stuffed with creamy Ricotta and Feta Cheese, served with a delicious rich Tomato sauce. A very simple recipe that delivers the most delicious clean flavors every single time.
To achieve a different depth of flavors, I decided to sway a little from my regular Pasta sauce recipe. I marinated the Cherry Tomatoes in Garlic, Paprika, Salt and Sugar, and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes before blitzing them into a luscious sauce. The sauce gets an irresistible smoky flavor from being roasted and is slightly sweet and tangy. All things a well balanced sauce must be. Fresh Basil leaves add a burst of freshness and the stuffed Pasta shells taste spectacular simmered in this luscious beauty.
I have used fresh Ricotta and Feta in my recipe however you could substitute with almost any Cheese of your choice.
I would sum up with one of my favourite quotes by Coco Chanel, “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance“. I strive to live by these words and my effort is always to create food that is exceedingly simple for anyone to recreate and tastes like a restaurant quality dish.
I would love for you to make this and tell me what you think. I would be delighted to see your pictures therefore do not forget to tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates.
Have a wonderful day!
CHEESE STUFFED PASTA IN TOMATO SAUCE
FOR PASTA :
- 6-7 Large Pasta Shells
- 200 gms Crumbled Paneer/ Ricotta cheese
- 50 gms Feta Cheese
- 7-8 Basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Parsley finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 500 gms Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 5-6 Basil leaves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Boil pasta in salted water until aldante (approx 12-13 mins). Strain and keep aside
- In a bowl add Paneer, Feta Cheese, Basil, Parsley, Salt and Pepper. Mix with a light hand.
- Stuff this mix in the cooked pasta and keep aside
- To a mixing bowl, add cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, Paprika, Salt, Sugar and Olive Oil
- Transfer to a baking trey and bake in the oven at 175C for half an hour.
- Once baked, cool and blend to a fine puree
- To a pan add some Olive Oil. Once warm add the Tomato puree and simmer for 3- 4 minutes. Add fresh Basil leaves.
- Cook until the sauce thickens a little. Remove the Basil leaves.
- Transfer the Tomato Sauce to an oven proof dish
- Top the Sauce with the stuffed Pasta Shells
- You can top the Pasta with some grated Cheese at this point (I didn't).
- Leave in an 180C preheated oven for 10 minutes before serving