My family enjoys a good Thai Curry and I’m always happy to oblige. This Yellow Thai Curry made from scratch is very simple to put together and is nourishing and finger licking delicious.
To make this Curry I make the Yellow Thai Curry Paste from scratch using fresh Turmeric and traditional Thai aromatics like Galangal, Coriander stems, Kaffir Lime leaves and Lemongrass. I use birds eye chillies to spice up this dish, palm sugar for slight sweetness and lemon juice to balance the dish.
The result is a fresh, light and brothy Thai Curry that is fragrant, intensely flavorful and irresistibly delicious.
Do make this a part of your weekly menu and tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would be delighted to see your gorgeous pictures.
YELLOW THAI CURRY
- 1 stalk Lemongrass chopped
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 2-3 Shallots
- 1 small piece Galangal
- 1 small piece fresh Turmeric
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Stalks
- 2-3 birds eye chillies
- 5-6 Kaffir Lime leaves
- Fresh Basil handful
- 1 Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Palm Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 Baby Corn
- 50 gms firm Tofu
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2.5 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- Cut the Tofu into cubes. Add Corn Starch and a little Salt to the Tofu and mix with a light hand until the Tofu is well coated.
- Add 1 tbsp Oil to a non stick skillet, once hot add the Tofu and cook on all sides until crisp. Keep aside
- To a power blender add: Lemongrass, Garlic, Shallot, Galangal, Turmeric, Bird eye chillies, Coriander Stalk, little water and blend to a coarse paste
- Add Oil to a heavy bottom pan. Once hot, add the paste you just made. Sautee for a couple minutes then add 2 tbsp of Water. Cover and cook on a low flame for 2-3 minutes until the oil releases from the paste
- Add Coconut Milk and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5-6 minutes on a low flame until all the flavors are well incorporated. Strain the liquid.
- Transfer the Curry back to the pot, add Salt and Palm Sugar and bring to a simmer. Add the Baby Corn and simmer until cooked.
- Add lime juice, fresh Basil, Tofu and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the Coconut Cream, stir well and serve with Rice.