My Vegan and very flavourful recipe today is Spaghetti served with herbed Lentil Meatballs.
Since I’m vegetarian, I find it easier to cook plant based dishes. I’m always delighted when when my non vegetarian family falls in love with a Vegan dish so much that I have to make it over and over.
I’ve made these Vegan Meatballs on repeat for the past few days. We ate them with pasta, in wraps and stuffed in Burgers. They are versatile, herby and delicious.
My simple recipe is below. Do tag me in your pictures on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
Spaghetti with Herb Meatballs
- 1 Cup Red Lentil
- 1/4 Cup Spinach
- 8-10 Basil leaves
- fresh Parsley handful
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 7-8 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tomatoes pureed
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- Basil leaves handful
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 500 gms Spaghetti cooked al dente
- Soak the lentils in water for 3-4 hours
- After soaking, wash well and remove all excess water.
- Transfer all the ingredients except Breadcrumbs food processor and blend to a coarse mix
- Transfer to a bowl, add Breadcrumbs and refrigerate for an hour
- Roll into small balls, coat with olive oil and bake in the preheated oven at 175C for 20 minutes
- In a pan add the Olive Oil, once warm add Garlic paste and sautee till light brown.
- Now add the paprika powder, pureed Tomatoes and the tomato paste, salt, sugar and fresh basil leaves. Cover and gently simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the Tomato Sauce to a bowl along with some cooked Spaghetti. Top with Herb Meatballs. Enjoy.