Some healthy indulgence on Valentine’s Day!
Date and nut blissballs.
Although I’ve used extremely clean and nourishing ingredients to make these sweet treats, I must say they taste better than any store bought desserts I’ve had.
The beautiful scarlett colour comes from dehydrated Beetroot powder.
My simple must try recipe is below.
If you happen to make these Festive Blissballs in your kitchen, do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates .
Festive Bliss Balls
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/4 Cup Almonds chopped
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Flaxseed powdered
- 4 tbsp Oats
- 10-12 Dates deseeded
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp Beetroot powder
- 1/2 tbsp Xylitol/ Powdered Sugar
- 1 Silver Leaf
- Add the Oats to a heavy bottom pan and dry roast them until they are light brown and smell nutty
- Remove the Oats from the stove, cool and pulse into a fine powder
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse a few times till they chop
- Add the Walnuts, Almonds, Chia Seeds, Flaxseeds, Oats powder, and Salt and pulse a few times until everything comes together
- Grease your palm with Coconut Oil and roll out the Date and Nut mixture into equal size balls
- In a plate, mix together the Beetroot powder and Xylitol/ powdered sugar
- Roll the balls in this powder. Top with silver leaf. Enjoy