A delicious twist to traditional Scottish shortbread cookies. If you are a tea drinker like me, these Shortbread Cookies scented with Rose and Cardamom are the most perfect accompaniment to your cuppa. Made with just a few simple ingredients, a batch of these Cookies can be whipped up in no time.
If you are planning to host a High Tea for your friends, these cookies make for the prettiest sight. The addition of Rose, Cardamom and White Chocolate makes these Cookies magical and delicious. Make sure you make an extra batch as they disappear within minutes.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make my Rose and Cardamom Shortbread Cookies. I would love to hear from you.
ROSE & CARDAMOM SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room temp)
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp dried Rose Petals (to garnish)
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- To a food processor, add Flour, Butter, Sugar, Salt, Cardamom and Rose Water.
- Pulse few times until everything comes together
- Transfer to a large bowl or your kitchen countertop and bring the dough together with a light hand. Do not over mix.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for half an hour
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out the dough. Cut into the desired shape with the help of cookie cutters
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes or until baked. The bottom of the cookie should turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle on half side of the cookies. Top with dried Rose Petals. Leave for 20 minutes or until the white chocolate sets. Enjoy