If you thought only Beetroot was going to give you this stunning pink hue, add Radish to your list too!!
I’m not sure what to call this soup. It’s a mix between a Gazpacho and Vichyssoise made with yogurt that I had in a restaurant few years back. The radish gives just enough kick to make the flavours interesting and the almonds and yoghurt balance out the sharp taste of radish.
Do try and let me know your thoughts. You can tag me in your pictures on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would love to hear from you.
Radish & Yogurt Soup
- 3-4 Red Radish
- 1.5 Cup thick Yogurt
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 8-10 Almonds soaked and skinned
- 2 slices bread stale good quality bread
- 2 tbsp extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- few Mint leaves to garnish
- Blend together the radish, yogurt, almonds, bread, garlic, salt and a tbsp of olive oil
- Strain the soup
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with thinly sliced radish, mint leaves, pepper, olive oil, and other toppings of your choice
- Leave in the refrigerator to chill for half hour