Tired of eating the same old Pasta Sauce? Give my Pumpkin Pasta Sauce a try and I promise you will be hooked, even if you are not a Pumpkin lover.
I pair this silky concoction with cooked pasta shells that have been stuffed with herbs and ricotta cheese. The combination is absolutely delicious and loved by everyone who has tried it.
I have used Pumpkin puree to make this because I wanted to retain the lovely golden hue of the Pumpkin. You can use roasted Pumpkin puree too if you’d like. It may change the colour of the dish, however the flavour would only be enhanced.
My detailed recipe is below. Do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram if you try.
Stuffed Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce
Pasta Shells stuffed with herb cheese, served with a luxurious Pumpkin and Basil sauce.
- ½ Cup Store bought pasta for stuffing
- 200 gms Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Basil Finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Cubed
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- Few basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1½ Cup Full fat milk
- Add 1 cup milk to a pan along with the pumpkin cubes
- Cover and cook till soft (approx 15 mins)
- Cool and blend, keep aside
- Boil pasta in salted water till aldante (approx 12-13 mins)
- Strain and keep aside
- In a bowl add ricotta cheese, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix with a light hand.
- Stuff this mix in the cooked pasta and keep aside
To make the sauce
- In a pan add a tbsp of butter, once hot add garlic and sautee till light brown. Now add the flour and the pureed pumpkin. Stir till you have a thick sauce. Add more milk if needed. Add salt and fresh basil. Now add the pasta and cook gently without stirring till the pasta warms up, 3-4 minutes.
- Serve and top with olive oil.
- Grate some parmesan cheese on top! (Optional)