If you follow my work, you will find a lot of green on my feed. That’s because I grew up in the Mountains where soil is most fertile and organic green produce is available in abundance. Our meals were always cooked using fresh local ingredients. Till date, my father grows his own vegetables and herbs. His vegetable garden is lush with the fruits of his labour and overlooks the Himalayas.. a sight to behold.
Coming to today’s dish, it is a vibrant Coconut, Spinach and Green Onion Soup. Its brothy, garlicky and addictive. Made with very few ingredients that are easily available, this recipe is vegan, glutenfree and an absolute keeper. You can add a few vegetables and tofu/ paneer to this and eat it with rice as a curry as well.
If you try out this recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
Coconut, Spinach & Scallion Soup
- 4-5 Green Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Spinach
- 8-10 Cloves Garlic Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Coconut Cream
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper To taste
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- Heat oil in a large skillet
- Add onions and garlic and sautee till light brown
- Add the vegetable stock or water with 2 soup cubes if you don't have the stock
- Cover and boil
- Now add the spinach and cook for a minute until it wilts
- Add the coconut cream or coconut powder
- Add salt and pepper
- Use a hand blender or regular blender to blend the soup to a creamy consistency
- Warm the soup before serving.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with your favorite toppings.