The hot hot weather demands a cold soup for lunch and I’m quite happy to oblige. This silky Beetroot and Yogurt Soup requires no cooking and comes together in a blender.
All you need to do is roast some beets and garlic in the oven, add these and a few other ingredients to the food processor and leave to chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy this with some crusty bread and olive oil, or a bowl of salad.
I’ve used potato and a slice of bread to thicken the soup. Using stale bread is a technique used to give body to Gazpacho, and it works beautifully here as well. Even if you are not a Beetroot fan, this sliky concoction is sure to convert you. Do give it a try!
Do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram, if you try this recipe.
Chilled Beetroot Soup
- 2 Piece Roasted Beetroot
- 1 Piece Boiled Potato
- 8-10 Cloves of Roasted Garlic
- ½ Cup Cup Hung Curd / Greek Yogurt
- Black Pepper To taste
- ½ Cup Cup Vegetable Stock
- Salt To taste
- 1 Slice Bread
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash, clean and pat dry the Beetroot
- Coat with oil, wrap in aluminium foil and bake for 40-45 minutes in the oven at 175 degrees.
- Once cooked through, remove from the foil and let it cool.
- Remove the skin of the beetroot and cut into big pieces
- Add all ingredients except the vegetable stock to the blender
- Blend to a fine consistency
- Add vegetable stock in small quantities until u get the desired consistency
- Chill the soup in the refrigerator for at least an hour
- Top with some whipped yogurt, fresh mint and olive oil.