This Scarlett Salad is a visual delight and will take center stage at your lunch table. This Salad is sweet, earthy, salty and nutty. Fresh Mint leaves and Lemon Juice add freshness and balance the dish.
Do try and tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates . I would love to hear from you.
BARLEY & BEETROOT SALAD
- 1 Cup Pearl Barley
- 6-7 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup fresh Mint
- 1 Beetroot small/ roasted
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100 gms Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp Pistachio chopped
- 8-10 Olives
- Coat the Beetroot with a little Olive Oil and wrap it in aluminium foil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 175 degrees C.
- Cool the Beetroot, peel and grate it.
- Wash the Barley and boil for about 30-40 minutes in salted water till plump and cooked.
- Strain and cool.
- In a bowl add Olive Oil, Honey and Lime juice. Mix well
- Add this dressing to the boiled Barley
- Add the grated Beetroot and mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with Mint, Olives, Nuts and Feta
- Leave in the refrigerat or to chill for an hour. Serve and Enjoy!