I got several messages on Instagram to share a recipe for Dalgona Coffee, until I was intrigued. I looked it up and realised it is similar to the hand whipped coffee which we grew up drinking. We would whip the coffee and sugar with a little water until it became frothy and tasted delicious with a hot or cold cup of milk. I had no idea that the hand whipped coffee of my childhood was a famous Korean Coffee called Dalgona..lol. Also I was truly delighted (after my You Tube search) that this can be made in minutes with the help of an electric whisk!!
I wanted to give this coffee a healthy spin, therefore I paired it with a delicious Coconut Chia Pudding. If you are someone who loves Coffee and Coconut desserts, you need to try this ASAP.
This delicious dessert is Vegan, glutenfree, refined sugar free, comes together in minutes and is so simple even kids can make it (mine did)!
Do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram, if you try this recipe.
Whipped Coffee & Coconut Chia Pudding
Whipped Coffee / Dalgona Coffee
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Nescafe Instant Coffee
- 2 tbsp Warm Water
Coconut Chia Pudding
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
To Make Whipped / Dalgona Coffee
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Whisk on medium speed with an electric whisk for 5-6 minutes or until thick and creamy
To Make Coconut Chia Pudding
- To a bowl add the Coconut Milk and Chia Seeds
- Mix well and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour
- After an hour remove the pudding from the the refrigerator and give it a stir
- Take two glasses, transfer the Chia Pudding to the glasses, top with the whipped coffee