Kashmiri Muj Chutin/ Radish Chutney or Raita is a delicious recipe that uses Walnuts, Yogurt, Radish, herbs and spices. The sharpness of the Radish paired with cool sour Yogurt and delicious nutty Walnuts tastes exceptionally delicious.
This Kashmiri side dish is the perfect accompaniment to your Rice or flatbreads. You can also make this part of your Mezze platter and serve this alongside Kebabs as well.
My recipe is pretty straightforward and takes minutes to put together from start to finish. To make, whisk some thick Yogurt, add grated Radish, Walnuts, fresh Mint leaves, Salt, Pepper, Green Chillies and Red Chilli Powder. Mix well and refrigerate for an hour. Serve and enjoy.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make this dish. I would love to hear from you.
RADISH & WALNUT RAITA
- 1 Cup thick Yogurt
- 4-5 small Red Radish grated
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 Green Chilly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Red Chilly Powder to taste
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- Whisk the Yogurt
- Add grated Radish, Salt, Black Pepper and half of the chopped Walnuts. Mix well
- Tear the mint leaves roughly with your fingers and add to the Raita. Mix well and transfer to a serving dish.
- Top with some fresh Mint, remaining Walnuts, chopped Green Chillies and Red Chilly Powder
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve