Hummus is hands down the most loved dip in our home. I’ve been making Hummus for several years now.
Few years back when we moved to the UAE, I enjoyed the ease of being able to buy fresh delicious Hummus without having to make it myself. The readily available Arabic food and the gorgeous fresh ingredients at the local markets opened my mind and gave me an opportunity to experiment with various other Hummus flavors in my kitchen.
This Butter Beans Hummus is the outcome of my kitchen experiments and was featured in the Khalij Times in Dubai as well.
This delicious silky Hummus is much liked by all my family and friends. The Butter Beans as the name suggests have a buttery luxurious texture and taste brilliant when blended with garlic, tahina and lime Juice.
I love to serve this Butter Beans Hummus with fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of Sumac. Pair it with some fresh baked Pita Bread and you have a delicious snack on hand.
Butter Beans Hummus
- 1/4 Cup Butter Beans
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Butter Beans water As needed
For the topping
- 7-8 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- 1/4 tsp Sumac for garnish
- Soak Butter Beans overnight in water
- Next morning boil the butter beans in water and some salt and water until soft
- Strain and cool the Butter Beans. Retain the water to use while blending.
- To a blender add butter beans, garlic, tahina, lime juice, salt and butter beans water.
- Blend to a creamy consistency
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator before serving
- Top with olive oil, sliced cherry tomatoes, sumac, or any toppings of your choice
- Serve with some lavash or Pita Bread