Hummus is probably the most cooked dip in our home. I’ve been making Hummus for years. Few years back when we moved to the UAE, I fell more in love with it as it was readily available everywhere. I realised that the Hummus there was much tangier and creamy than the ones I’d had before. I therefore started experimenting a lot at home as well.
This Butter Beans and Cashew Hummus is one flavour that is much liked by all whenever I’ve served it. The Butter Beans as the name suggests have a buttery texture to begin with, the addition of soaked Cashews, Lime juice, Tahina and Olive Oil give this the most luxurious texture. This Hummus is so delicious on it’s own, I don’t even bother to sprinkle it with Zattar or any other toppings. Just a few fresh tomatoes, freshly baked Pita Bread and you have a delicious snack on hand.
If you make this recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
Butter Beans & Cashew Hummus
- 1 Can Butter Beans
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 tbsp Cashews Soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Warm Water As needed
For the topping
- 7-8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 7- Olives
- Fresh Purslane leaves for garnish
- In a blender add butter beans, cashews, garlic, tahina, olive oil, lime juice, salt and some warm water.
- Blend to a creamy consistency
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator before serving
- Top with olive oil, sliced cherry tomatoes, olives or any toppings of your choice
- Serve with some warm pita bread.