My little one walks through the door. He’s eight now, but still my baby and my heart is wrapped around his fingers. His hair is wet and sweaty, his cheeks red, his school shirt is mud stained from playing in the sweltering heat without a care.
I give him a tight hug, hand him a glass of water and pull out a bowl of chilled Chia Pudding from the refrigerator. He sits on my lap and tells me stories about his day in school…most of which revolve around his precious pokemon cards these days..lol.
He licks the bowl clean (coconut mango chia pudding is his favourite) and askes me for more. I promise to make more tomorrow.
This is mostly what happens each afternoon. There is always a little treat waiting for him when he gets back. My older son is almost 15 and grew up with a blink of an eye. Makes me want hold on to the little one a bit tighter, a bit longer. If a little sweet bribe makes it easier.. so be it!!
If you try out my Mango and Chia Pudding recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
Mango Chia Pudding
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Ripe Mangoes
- Fresh Mint To garnish
- To a bowl add the Coconut Milk, chia seeds, and honey.
- Mix well and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour
- After an hour remove the pudding from the the refrigerator and give it a stir.
- Add a little more Coconut milk to loosen the pudding, if needed.
- Remove the pulp of 1 Mango and puree it
- Dice the second Mango into small pieces
- Take two glasses, transfer the mango pulp to the glasses, top with the Chia Pudding, finally top with the diced Mangoes and fresh Mint leaves.