Spaghetti with Lentil Meatballs!!
Since I’m vegetarian, I find it easier to cook plant based dishes. I do cook plenty of meat dishes for my family, however I’m delighted when they fall in love with a Vegetarian dish so much that I have to make it over and over.
I’ve made these Vegan Meatballs on repeat for the past few days. We ate them with pasta, in wraps and stuffed in Burgers. They are versatile, herby and delicious.
My simple recipe is below. Do tag me in your pictures on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
Vegan Meatballs made with Red Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Red Lentils
- 1/2 Cup Semolina
- 1.1.5 Cups Water
- 1 Cup firm Tofu grated
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 6-7 Cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tsp dried Basil
- 2 tsp dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Chilly Flakes to taste
- Dry roast the Semolina until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Wash Red Lentils and cook them in a pot with water and some salt (do not pressure cook).
- Once the lentil is almost cooked, turn off the stove and add roasted semolina. Mix well, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mix to a mixing bowl.
- Add Tofu. Add loads of chopped fresh coriander, parsley, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, and chilli flakes. Add more salt if needed, lime juice and Olive Oil. Mix well.
- Take equal portions of the mix and form balls. You can brush these with olive oil and bake them for 12-13 minutes at 200 degrees or you can make them in an aebleskiver pan / appe pan with little oil (like I did).
- Cook them on a very low flame so that the lentil balls crisp up on both sides.
- Enjoy with some spaghetti and tomato basil sauce.