This yogurt and walnut icecream is so decadent and delicious, it will be hard to believe that it is actually good for you. If you have a sweet tooth and are constantly dreaming of desserts, you would want to try this Ice cream.
Having lived in the UAE for few years, I constantly miss the food there. Although I constantly share various savory dishes inspired by the flavours of Arabic food, I do miss eating their utterly delicious desserts. The baklava seeped in syrup and loaded with pistachios, the Umm Ali which is just the most decadent bread pudding ever, and my absolute favourite Arabic Icecream. Sticky, sweet and covered in pistachio dust, truly divine.
My Honey, Yogurt and Walnut icecream is completely inspired by Arabic flavours. It is a very healthy version, however a very delicious one too.
If you try my recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates in you pictures on Instagram.
Honey Yogurt & Walnut Icecream
- 1 Cup Hung Curd
- ½ Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ tbsp Cardamom Powder
- Honey To Taste
- Rose Water Few Drops
- Rose Petal , Mint Leaves , Pistachio Powder Few
- 1 Cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Remove the skin of the soaked walnuts
- To a blender add the skinless soaked walnuts with a tbsp of hung yogurt and blend to a very fine paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add honey, remaining hung curd, cardamom, chopped walnuts, rose water and gently mix with a spatula until everything is well incorporated.
- Whip the cream and gently fold into this mix.
- Pour into moulds and freeze for 5-6 hours
- Once ready, top with Pistachio and Rose petals, Mint leaves and serve with Pomegranate Coulis.
- Add Pomegranate Juice and honey to a pan. Boil down until thick and syrupy. Add lime juice and cool.