Another beautiful addition to my Hummus collection is this vibrant Green Hummus made with seasonal Green Chickpeas which are readily available in winters. I especially love Green Chickpeas/ Hari Boot which I grew up eating.
It is usually a very tedious task to remove the Green Chicpeas from their shells and takes a long time. I’m so grateful that lately the supermarkets have tiny packages of shelled chickpeas readily available which saves so much of our time. I use these Green Chickpeas to make Curries, Pilaf, Soups etc.
To make this Green Chickpea Hummus, toss the Green Chickpeas in some Olive Oil and cook until tender. Add the cooked green chickpeas to a blender along with some regular boiled Chickpeas, Lime juice, Coriander leaves, Tahina, Salt and Garlic. Blend well until the Hummus is smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl, top with Olive Oil, Zattar and some cooked Green Chickpeas. Enjoy with crisps, or spread in in wraps and sandwiches.
To know in detail how to make the creamiest Hummus, do check out my blog post on Classic Hummus.
Green Chickpea Hummus
- 1 Cup Green Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas boiled
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro handful
- 1 Cup Aquafaba/ boiled Chickpea water
- Soak 1/4 Cup Chickpeas in water for 8 hours. Boil in Salt and water until soft.
- Add 1 tbsp Olive Oil to a pan and add the green chickpeas and sautee until soft
- Cool the Chickpeas
- Add all the ingredients along with the green chickpeas to blender
- Add the aquafaba slowly and keep blending the Hummus until creamy
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with Olive Oil and your favourite toppings.