This here is one of my all time favourite recipes. Not just because it’s incredibly delicious and healthy, but also because it saves me the hassle of soaking and boiling Chic Peas.
If you have Edamame Beans in your freezer, this Hummus will come together in a jiffy.
Serve it with some Kebabs, salad or toast.. or lap it up with crisps and veggie sticks while Netflixing!!!
Do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram if you make this.
A delicious high protein Green Hummus made with Edamame Beans.
- 1 Cup Edamame Beans
- 1 tbsp Tahina
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Green pepper mildly
- Salt To taste
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 tsp Olive oil
For the topping
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Radish
- 1 tbsp Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Add olive oil to a pan. Once warm add Edamame beans and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft. Leave aside to cool
- To a blender add edamame beans, cilantro, green pepper, garlic, tahina, lime juice, salt and ice cubes.
- Blend to a fine consistency
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with olive oil, chopped radish, crumbled feta cheese, chopped parsley or any toppings of your choice
- Serve with your choice of chips, crisps, crackers etc.