Christmas is round the corner and my Dark Chocolate and Ragi cookies are just the perfect treat to whip up this season.
The recipe for these decadent dark chocolate, jaggery, Ragi and M&M cookies is quite simple in case you want to indulge in some simple healthy baking with your family today!
Do tag me in your pictures on Instagram, @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you try this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
Dark Chocolate & Ragi Cookies
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup Ragi Flour/Finger Millet Flour
- 2 tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar / Jaggery Powder
- ½ Cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the Sugar, Butter and Egg.
- Add Whole Wheat and Ragi flour and mix.
- Add vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, salt and dark chocolate powder.
- Mix well to make a soft dough. Add a little milk if needed.
- Make small balls and place on the cookie tray lined with parchment paper. Lightly press the cookies to flatten a little.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until you see cracks on the cookie.
- Once out of the oven, let the cookies cool slightly and top with chocolate chips, M&M or any toppings of your choice.