Spongy Rasgullas soaked in Rose scented Coconut Milk. Bringing you this very simple and special recipe just in time for your Diwali celebrations.
Have a wonderful Diwali.
A delicious variation of a traditional dessert. Rasmalai made in Coconut milk, scented with Rose Water.
- 1 liter Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Cup Water
- 4-5 Cardamom Pods
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Pistachio
- Rose Petals few
- 1 Silver leaf
- Add Coconut milk, Condensed Milk and Rose Water to a blender and blend for a minute. Transfer to a container and refrigerate
- Bring Milk to a boil. Add Vinegar and once the milk curdles leave to rest for a couple minutes
- Line a strainer with a muslin cloth and strain the curdled Milk
- Squeeze out all the liquid from the cheese and hang it for an hour or so, so all the excess liquid is removed
- Add Sugar, Water and lightly pounded Cardamom pods to a pan. Bring to a simmer
- Knead the cheese very well for 5-6 minutes until you have a very smooth dough. Divide into 15 small balls
- Drop these balls into the boiling liquid, cover the pot and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes. Remove form stove and keep covered for half hour
- Once the cheese balls have cooled completely, remove from the syrup and add to the Coconut Milk mix
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Top with silver leaf, Pistachio and Rose Petals. Enjoy