It’s Christmas time, and time to put on our aprons and get baking. Although the kids and I did indulge in some simple baking, which I will share in the coming days. We also made my Christmas Crostini like every year. We love to slather these festive Crostini with homemade preserves and decorating them in Christmas colours.
These Trio of Crostini slathered with Herb Pesto and whipped Ricotta, and topped with Pistachios, Cranberries, Strawberry Chia preserve and Rosemary are just perfect to bring some Christmas cheer.
You must get in your kitchens with your Children and have fun making this fun platter.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make these. I would love to hear from you.
Trio of Crostini made with Pesto, whipped Ricotta and homemade Strawberry preserve. Perfect for Christmas.
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup Basil
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- 2 tbsp Cashews
- 1 tbsp Pistachio
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Honey
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 10-12 Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 large French Baguette
- 2 ttbsp Pomegranate Arils
- 1 tbso Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cranberries
- 1 tbso slivered Pistachios
- Rosemary (few sprigs)
HERB PESTO RECIPE:
- To a food processor add Cilantro, Basil, Parsley, Cashews, Pistachios, Garlic, Salt and Olive Oil. Blend to a slightly coarse paste.
- Transfer to a Jar and refrigerate.
WHIPPED RICOTTA CHEESE:
- Add the Ricotta Cheese, Honey, Olive Oil and Sea Salt to a food processor and blend until very smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate.
- Add the Strawberries to a food processor and pulse a few times to blend coarsely
- Add the Strawberries to a pan along with some Sugar, and Chia Seeds and cook on low heat until the liquid evaporates and the mixture looks jammy.
- Remove from stove and let this mix cool.
- Add lemon juice to the cooled preserve, transfer to a container and refrigerate
TO ASSEMBLE THE CROSTINI:
- Slice and toast the Baguette
- Divide the toasted slices into three parts
- On one part spread Pesto, on the second and third part spread whipped Ricotta
- Top half of the ricotta Crostini with strawberry preserve and Rosemary sprigs
- Top the other half of the Ricotta Crostini with Pistachios and Cranberries
- Top the Pesto Crostini with Pomegranate and Pumpkin Seeds