The trick to adding any ingredient to a classic recipe I feel is balance. In this case, the more beetroot you add, the deeper the colour gets. I have added just a small piece of roasted Beetroot so that we have a stunning baby pink colour without compromising on the taste. The aim is always to have the most flavourful food that looks great as well!
If you try my Beetroot Hummus, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
- 1 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- ½ Small Roasted Beetroot More for extra color
- 1 Piece Lime Juice
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Tahina
- ¼ Cup Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Zattar
- 1 tbsp Pine Nuts
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and boil in a pressure cooker with some salt till soft.
- let them cool to room temperature
- To a blender add the chickpeas, beetroot, salt, tahina, lime juice, aquafaba and garlic cloves.
- Blend to a smooth paste. Add more aquafaba if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with olive oil, herbs and pine nuts.
- Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy!!