How often have you gone out to eat and seen your family and friends enjoy a crisp pastry filled with juicy meat and wondered how it may taste. Being the only Vegetarian in my family, this happens to me all the time.
Therefore I created this delicious VEGAN KEEMA EMPANADA especially for you. Hot flaky pastry filled with flavourful Vegan Keema, this is a snack of your dreams!!!
Do try and tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would love to hear from you!
VEGAN KEEMA EMPANADA
Crisp Empanadas stuffed with spicy and flavorful Vegan Keema.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 1 tsp Keema Masala optional
- Red Chilli Powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cup Soy Granules
Ingredients for Dough:
- 2.5 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil cold pressed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- Soak the Soy Granules in hot water for half hour.
- Add Oil to pan.
- Once hot add Cumin.
- Once the Cumin crackles, add Onions. Sautee until light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sautee for 3-4 minutes until brown
- Add Red Chilly powder and Coriander powder and sautee for a minute
- Add Tomatoes and cook covered on a low flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the Soy Granules, squeeze out all the excess water and add to the pan.
- Add Shan Achar Gosht Masala, mix well and cover and cook the Keema for 20-25 minutes. Keep stirring every few minutes.
- Once the water has evaporated and the Keema is cooked, transfer to a bowl and leave to cool.
- Refrigerate the Coconut Oil for half hour.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl along with Salt and Coconut Oil and mix with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Mix cold water and Vinegar together and add to the flour and knead until the flour comes together.
- Transfer the flour to lightly floured the kitchen counter and knead with your hands until the dough looks smooth.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for atleast an hour.
TO ASSEMBLE THE EMPANADAS
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees.
- After an hour divide the dough into small balls. Roll them out and stuff them with the filling. Press the edges with the help of a fork or an Empanada mould.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the Empanadas on top and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favourite dips.