When I lived in Hyderabad few years back, I experienced innumerable delectable Hyderabadi desserts. Beetroot Halwa is one such dessert that I ate on various occasions and I remember absolutely loving the delicate fudgy texture and making a mental note to make it myself.
So here it is, my version of Beetroot Halwa. Made with Coconut Cream, Pistachios and Cardamom. This intoxicating Vegan dessert is sure to make your Holi extra colourful and sweet.
Do recreate it in your kitchen and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates . I would love to hear from you.
VEGAN BEETROOT HALWA
- 1 kg Beetroot
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil cold pressed
- Jaggery Powder to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Pistachio Powder to garnish
- few Rose Petals to garnish
- Wash, peel and grate the Beetroot
- Add Coconut Oil to a heavy bottom pan and heat on a low flame
- Once the oil is hot, add the grated Beetroot
- Cook the Beetroot (without covering) until they are mushy and the water has evaporated
- Add Jaggery and mix and stir until well incorporated and the Halwa thickens
- Now add the Coconut Cream and cardamom powder
- Stir well and let this cook for few minutes until the Halwa is thick and fudgy
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with nuts and rose petals