Sharing this delicious Tofu Tikka Curry recipe with all my Vegan friends today. In this recipe, I’ve achieved the velvety texture with the use of nuts. I’ve paired the Curry with crisp pan fried Tofu that was marinated in Tikka Masala, coated in whole wheat flour and pan fried until crisp and delicious.
You can also prepare this Tofu Tikka Curry with any vegetables of your choice instead of Tofu. If you are not Vegan, Paneer tastes absolutely delicious in this recipe too.
Do try my Tofu Tikka Curry and tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would be delighted to hear from you.
TOFU TIKKA CURRY
INGREDIENTS FOR TOFU
- 200 gram Tofu
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
INGREDIENTS FOR CURRY:
- 1 Onion
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 5-6 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Tikka Masala I used Shan Masala
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Mirch
- 15–20 Almonds/ Cashews
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Dice the Tofu into cubes. Add salt and Tikka Masala to the flour. Roll the Tofu in flour and pan fry. Keep aside.
- To make the Curry, roughly chop the Onions, Tomatoes, Ginger and Garlic and add to a saucepan along with Salt, Almonds/ Cashews and Water.
- Bring to a simmer and cover and cook for 20 minutes on a low flame.
- Once cooked, blend to a fine puree
- Add Oil to a pan, add brown Sugar and let it caramelize for few seconds. Now add the Tikka Masala and Kashmiri Mirch and sautee for a minute.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with the pan fried Tofu. Enjoy with some Rice or flatbread.