We seemed to have skipped autumn completely and dived straight from scorching summer into winter. Soup season is officially here! Although the weather outside has never stopped me from enjoying my soups, however the joy of sitting in the balcony with a cup of hot soup is unparalleled.
Yesterday I made this Spinach and Cashew soup. It’s delicious and the perfect companion on a chilly evening.
I’m sharing the recipe below if you’d like to try!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
To make a vegan soup add vegan milk, to make this glutenfree skip the bread or use glutenfree bread.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you try this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
Spinach & Cashew Soup
- 1 Onion chopped
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves
- 7-8 Cashews soaked
- 1 Bread slice roughly torn
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Add oil to a skillet and heat it
- Add onion and garlic and sautee until translucent
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a gentle simmer
- Add Spinach leaves and Cashews. Stir for a minute until the leaves wilt.
- Add bread and warm Milk and blend with a hand blender until you have a smooth silky consistency
- Transfer the soup to a skillet and bring to a gentle simmer
- Add salt and black pepper to taste