Smoked Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. This creamy, delicious Vegan goodness is perfect for days when you couldn’t be bothered to slog in the kitchen, yet want to whip up a fancy meal. Paired with some Sandwiches or a big bowl of Salad, this is a huge hit with kids and adults in our home. I’m sharing my simple yet indulgent recipe below.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make my Smoked Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. I would love to hear from you.
SMOKED TOMATO & RED PEPPER SOUP
- 4-5 Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers large
- 1 Onion
- 8-10 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 1.5 Cup thick Coconut Milk
- 2 slices Bread
- Basil handful
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Coat Tomatoes, Red Bell Peppers, Onion, Garlic cloves with with 1tbs Olive Oil.
- Bake these in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the skin of the Tomatoes and Peppers gets a char.
- Remove from the oven, remove the black skin from the Tomatoes and Peppers. Cool everything.
- Add to the blender with a tsp of Paprika, Salt and Pepper to taste, 1.5 cups of thick Coconut Milk, and 2 slices of Bread (any bread will do). Blend to a fine consistency.
- Transfer to a pot. Add a tbsp of Olive Oil and a handful of fresh Basil. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Serve topped with some Coconut Cream and Basil.