Smoked Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. This creamy, dreamy vegan goodness is perfect for days when you couldn’t be bothered to slog in the kitchen yet want to whip up a fancy meal. Paired with some Sandwiches or a big bowl of Salad, this is a huge hit with kids and adults in our home. I’m sharing my simple yet indulgent recipe below.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make my Smoked Tomato and Red Pepper Soup. I would love to hear from you.
SMOKED TOMATO & RED PEPPER SOUP
A creamy dreamy Vegan soup made with Smoked Tomatoes, Red Peppers & Coconut Cream.
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Bell Pepper large
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 red chilly to taste
- 3 tbsp Coconut Cream
- Basil handful
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Wash and dry Cherry Tomatoes.
- Wash, dry, deseed and roughly chop the Red Pepper
- Transfer Tomatoes, Red Bell Peppers, Garlic cloves and red chilly to a baking dish.
- Add Paprika powder and Olive Oil. Mix well
- Bake these in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until everything is soft and slightly charred
- Cool and add to the blender along with 2 tbsp of Coconut Cream and 5-6 fresh Basil leaves. Blend to a fine consistency.
- Transfer to a pot and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Serve topped with some Coconut Cream, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil.
Seems yummy. Will try next weekend.
Where can we get coconut cream. is there a replacement ingredient for it? or can we use thick coconut milk?
Thick Coconut Milk works. Coconut cream is available on Amazon. I use urban platter.