I wanted a vibrant yellow Hummus therefore added turmeric to roasted pumpkin to get this hue. This hummus tasted like magic to my Indian taste buds. Velvety, smooth and an absolute show stopper. The sweetness from the charred Pumpkin, nuttiness from Tahina, earthiness from the Turmeric and of course tartness from the lime juice make this a beautifully balanced dish.
This is my most favourite Hummus flavour out of all that I’ve made so far. If you make this in your kitchen, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
Pumpkin & Turmeric Hummus
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Peeled & Cubes
- 1 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- ½ tbsp Turmeric
- Salt To Taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Aquafaba If Needed
- Coat the pumpkin cubes with turmeric, little salt and a tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
- Spread the pumpkin cubes on a baking trey and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until soft and light brown in colour.
- Let it cool
- In a blender add roasted pumpkin, chickpeas, garlic, tahina, olive oil, lime juice and Salt to taste.
- Blend to a fine paste
- Add some aquafaba if needed
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with some nuts, herbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks of your choice