Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is one of my favourite Hummus recipes.
The smokiness from the charred Peppers and Paprika added to classic Hummus ingredients is just magic.
Apart from being lip smackingly delicious, this gorgeous scarlet Hummus is an absolute show stopper.
The ingredients used in this Hummus are really simple yet flavorful . Roasted Red Peppers, Chickpeas, Tahina, Salt, Lime Juice, Garlic and Aquafaba are mixed in the blender into a velvety consistency. I like to leave the Hummus in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours before serving it.
I strongly urge you to try this incredibly flavourful Hummus. You may end up loving it more than your other favourite Hummus recipes.
Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Raw Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 3/4 Cup Aquafaba
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Pinenuts to garnish
- 1 tsp Parsley chopped (to garnish)
- Soak the Chickpeas overnight in water
- Boil the soaked Chickpeas in salt and water until very soft
- Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl and refrigerate to cool for 10-15 minutes
- Cube the bell peppers into large chunks
- Coat with a tbsp of olive oil
- Place under the broiler for 8-10 minutes until the skin has charred
- Let them cool and peel away the skin
- In a blender add roasted bell pepper, chicpeas, garlic, tahina, paprika, olive oil, lime juice, salt and 1/2 Cup aquafaba
- Blend to a fine paste
- Add more aquafaba if needed
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with some finely chopped roasted bell pepper, pinenuts, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil
- Serve with crackers or vegetable sticks of your choice