If you know me, you know I love Hummus. I’ve made them in many flavours and colours. A couple years back when I saw stunning Purple Carrots at the farmers market in Dubai (my home then), I knew I had to try getting that beautiful colour on my plate.
Usually when you cook/ roast a vegetable they lose colour and do not photograph well. However to my delight, the colour on these carrots intensified and gave the Hummus the most beautiful hue of Purple. I also added a few Macadamia nuts to the Hummus as I felt it needed that extra creaminess.
You can easily swap Purple Carrots with regular Carrots and Macadamia nuts with Cashews if they are not available where you stay. The colour may change, however the Hummus will be just as delicious.
If you make a version of this Hummus, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
Purple Carrot & Macadamia Nut Hummus
- 2 Cups Peeled and diced purple carrots
- 1 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Macadamia Nuts soaked overnight in water
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Warm Water If needed
- Coat the diced purple carrot with a tbsp of olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
- Spread the carrots on a baking trey and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until soft
- Let it cool
- In a blender add roasted carrots, chicpeas, macadamia nuts, garlic, tahina, olive oil, lime juice, salt.
- Blend to a fine paste
- Add some warm water if needed
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with olive oil, sliced roasted carrots, chopped macadamia nuts, or any toppings of your choice.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, or crisps of your choice.