This is the most beautiful time to be in India. The weather is suddenly so gorgeous, there is a nip in the air.
Diwali is round the corner and the festivities have begun. Although the celebrations will be a lot toned down this year owing to the pandemic, however
I’m still extremely excited to be here after ages.
This is the only time of the year you will find me sharing a plethora of Desserts.
Sharing today, one of my favourites. Phirni scented with roses.
No celebration is complete without this creamy dreamy dessert.
If you make my simple Rose Phirni, do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates .
Indian Rice Pudding made with ground rice, milk and nuts. A must during festivals.
- 2 tbsp Short grain Rice
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk or any sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Almond powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tsp Rose Water
- Soak Rice in water for an hour
- Wash and blend with a little water to a coarse paste
- Add milk to a pan along with the Rice paste and bring to a slow simmer
- Stir conconstantly until the pudding thickens
- Add the condensed milk, almond powder, cardamom powder and rose water. Stir well
- Add more condensed milk/ sweetener if needed
- Refrigerate for a couple hours. Enjoy
hi is there any alternative for condensed milk
You can add any sweetner of your choice.