This Hummus happened when a dear friend paid us a surprise visit in Dubai and I had to quickly whip up a few starters for drinks before we headed out for dinner.
Fortunately I always have a box of boiled Chickpeas in the refrigerator and all it took was to add few ingredients to the blender to put this creamy herby delightful Hummus together.
I had some fresh Parsley, Cilantro and Basil from the Farmers market in the refrigerator, so I decided to add a handful of all to my Hummus. I also added a few pitted fresh Olives to add a touch of Umami to my Herb Hummus. A generous dash of good quality Oilve Oil, a heaping tablespoon of Tahina, few cloves of Garlic and juice of one big Lemon, make this Hummus a beautifully well balanced and addictive dip.
This recipe is so forgiving, you can literally add any fresh herbs you have at home and you will get a unique flavor each time you make this.
Do try this recipe and tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would love to hear from you.
MIXED HERBS HUMMUS
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas raw
- 1 tbsp Tahina
- 1/4 Cup fresh Parsley
- Fresh Basil handful
- 1/4 Cup fresh Coriander
- 3-4 Green Olives pitted
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Aquafaba
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Soak Chickpeas overnight and boil them till soft
- To a blender add Chickpeas, Parsley, Basil, Cilantro, Garlic, Tahina, Olives, lime juice, salt and some Aquafaba. Blend to a fine paste
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with olive oil, and any toppings of your choice
- Serve with your choice of chips, crisps, crackers etc. Enjoy!