My twist on a regular Falafel. Lentil and Turmeric Falafel that is crisp from the outside and moist and delicious inside. A must try recipe.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you try this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
LENTIL AND TURMERIC FALAFEL
- 1.5 Cup Chana Dal soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- Chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Kebab Masala
- Salt if needed
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 Cups Oil for frying
- Soak Chana Dal in water overnight.
- In the morning wash the Chana dal and drain out all the excess water
- Add Chana Dal, Onions, Garlic, Salt, Coriander powder, fresh Coriander, Chilli Flakes, Turmeric and Kebab Masala to a food processor and pulse to a coarse mix
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Roll into small balls
- Coat with seasme seeds
- Heat oil in a skillet
- Fry the Falafel on medium heat until crisp.
- Serve Hot with some Hummus and Salad