It’s summer already!! The sweltering heat in Gurgaon has us craving all things chilled. The refrigerator is well stocked with Fruits, Lemons and Yogurt, for those are the things that give us the much needed respite from the brutal heat waves that keep getting worse each day.
My favorite way to eat fruits are to mix them with Yogurt and freeze them as Popsicles. It is most fun to enjoy them with my boys on hot sunny afternoons.
These Java Plum Popsicles are a favorite in our home. The slight tang from the Yogurt, paired with sweet Java Plums, Honey and Cardamom makes for a guiltfree and delicious summer snack. My advice: make extra batches as you can’t get enough of these!!! And did I mention the color 💜!! That’s a showstopper right?
JAMUN LASSI POPSICLES
- 2 Cups Greek Yogurt/ Hung Curd
- 3 tbsp Honey / any sweetener of choices
- 15-20 Jamun/ Java Plum
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder (Optional)
- Wash, dry and deseed the Jamun.
- Blend the deseeded Jamun in a blender and run in through a seive.
- To a bowl add the Yogurt, Honey, Cardamom Powder and strained Jamun pulp.
- Mix well with a light hand until everything is well incorporated.
- Transfer this mixture to a popsicle mould and freeze for 7-8 hours
- Remove from the freezer. Dip the mould in warm water and unmould the popsicle.