If you’ve not made this Beetroot Lassi yet, I urge you to try it soonest! One of my Instagram friends tried my beetroot Lassi few months back and called it Gulabi Lassi and the name stuck.
This recipe is quick and simple, however the drink will take center stage at your dining table and wow your family and friends not only because of its vibrant pink hue, but also because it tastes absolutely delicious.
Lassi/ Buttermilk is high in probiotics and calcium. The health benefits surpass even those of yogurt. Do add this to your lunch each day for optimum gut health.
If you happen to try this recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
- 2 Cup Buttermilk
- ½ Roasted Beetroot
- ½ Slit Green Chilies Add more or less to taste
- ¼ tbsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Cracked Black Pepper To taste
- Handful of Coriander
- Black Salt/ Kala Namak To taste
- Coat washed and dried beetroot with oil, wrap it with aluminium foil and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, cool and remove the skin.
- Grate the beetroot and add to the buttermilk.
- Add green chilly, cumin powder, black pepper, black salt and handful of coriander leaves.
- Leave in the refrigerator to chill and for the flavours to infuse for atleast 45 minutes.
- Strain before serving.
- Transfer to serving glasses and top with ice cubes if required.