Have you tried this Sweet Potato, Coconut and Cilantro Curry yet? A truly unique combination of ingredients. This curry is sweet, spicy, tangy, creamy, vibrant and herby! A must must try.
If you try this recipe, do tag me @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates on Instagram.
CILANTRO, COCONUT & SWEET POTATO CURRY
CILANTRO, COCONUT & SWEET POTATO CURRY RECIPE
- 2 Cups Cilantro cleaned and washed
- 1 Can Coconut Cream
- 1 Piece Ginger Small piece
- Green/Red Chilies To taste
- Salt To taste
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ tbsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 2 Cups Sweet Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- Heat oven at 200 degrees C
- Add sweet Potatoes to a baking tray with some oil and salt, mix well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked
- For the sauce: Add coconut cream, ginger and cilantro to a blender and blend to a fine paste and strain
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a skillet
- Add cumin and mustard seeds
- Once they splutter, add curry leaves and chopped chillies
- Add the strained mix
- Add salt, cover and bring to a gentle simmer
- Add the baked sweet potatoes
- Top with some fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with rice.
Thankyou for the recipe its awesome.My family loved it
Thank you so much ❤
Wow can’t believe such a gorgeous looking dish can be so simple to make. Would love to try soon
Thank you Pooja !!
What can we add instead of sweet potato ?
Potatoes or any other vegetable of choice