Sharing my very special recipe of bite sized Cheese stuffed Naan. If you are looking for a quick and simple, no Yeast and no fuss recipe, trust me you have come to the right place.
I have used a few simple ingredients and tricks to achieve spongy, sour and delicious Naan. You can simply serve them with a dip along with drinks as appetizers or you can serve them with your favorite Curry to mop up all the yummy flavor. You can even make delicious Naan pizzas using this very dough. If baby size Naan are not your thing, you can make regular size Naan too. You can serve these Naan plain, or smear them with Ghee or Butter. You can also stuff the Naan with the stuffing of your choice. My favorite stuffings are Paneer, Onion and Potatoes mixed with herbs and spices. In this recipe I’ve used grated Mozzarella cheese (which is my son’s favorite) however you can use any other Cheese of your choice.
The recipe for this very versatile, life changing dough is below for all who would like to try. Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make my mini Cheese Naan bites. I would love to hear from you.
CHEESE NAAN BITES
- 1.5 Cup All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup thick Yogurt
- 1.5 tbsp Vegetable Oil/ Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Nigella Seeds
- 100 gms Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp cracked Black Pepper
- Seive the flour
- Add Salt, Sugar, Baking Soda and Baking Powder. Mix well
- Add Yogurt little by little and knead (add only as much Yogurt as is needed to get a soft pliable dough)
- Transfer the dough to the kitchen countertop and add 1 tbsp Oil. Continue to knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Form a ball, coat with a little oil, Transfer to a storage box, secure the lid, and leave on the kitchen counter top for atleast 2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, coat your hands with oil and form about 12-15 equal size balls.
- Mix the grated Cheese with some Salt and Pepper
- Pat the balls flat with your hand, fill with a little cheese mixture, close the dough ball and flatten with your hands. Top with few Nigella Seeds.
- Please note that the Naan must be chubby and not very thin.
- Heat a skillet and transfer the Naan. Once it cooks on one side, transfer the Naan on top of the Roti Mesh on medium flame.
- Keep moving the Naan with the help of tongs. Once it's cooked on all sides, transfer the Naan to a plate and coat with some Ghee or Butter.
- Serve hot with some Dip or Curry of your choice.