Raita (cold yogurt dish), is a side dish without which any North Indian meal is incomplete. The colours, the perfect balance of tartness with spices, the beautiful textures and the flavours that can add magic to any mundane meal.
We all love Raita, however never give it as much attention as we do to our main dishes!
This Beetroot and Boondi Raita is unique and delicious. The Beetroot loans a beautiful pink colour to this Raita. Paired with boondi and a simple tempering, this Raita tastes addictive.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you try this recipe. I would love to hear from you.
BOONDI & BEETROOT RAITA
A vibrant Raita made with roasted Beetroot and Boondi. A perfect accompaniment to Indian meal.
- 2 Cups Yogurt
- 1 Beetroot oven roasted
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup Boondi
- Green Chillies to taste (chopped)
- Cilantro few leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Coat the beetroot in oil, wrap it in aluminium foil and bake in the oven at 175 degrees C for 45 minutes. Cool, remove skin and grate.
- Add grated beetroot and salt to yogurt . Mix well
- Strain the yogurt
- Place Boondi in a strainer and wash with hot water for a few seconds to remove excess Oil
- Add rinsed Boondi to the beetroot yogurt and mix gently
- Transfer to a serving bowl
- Heat the mustard oil, add cumin seeds. Once the seeds pop, add Green chillies
- Top the Raita with this tempering and chopped coriander
- Chill and serve