Another unique addition to my Hummus menu. This Black Bean Hummus is a creamy dreamy delight. I made this mostly for visual appeal for and article for Khaleej Times, and was really not sure how the Hummus would taste. I swapped Chicpeas with Mexican Black Beans to make this Hummus and was quite pleasantly surprised how delicious it tasted.
When mixed with tahina, lime and garlic, the black beans taste brilliant. I also added some pickled Jalapenos for some kick and extra flavour. This Hummus is a huge hit whenever I make it for parties and get togethers. It pairs best with corn crackers and is a lovely fusion between Arabic and Mexican Cuisine. If you make it, do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates.
Black Bean Hummus
- 1 Can Boiled Blackbeans
- 2 tbsp Tahina
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic
- Salt To taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Warm Water As needed
For the topping
- ½ Cup Pomegranate Arils
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers to taste
- In a blender add blackbeans, garlic, tahina, olive oil, lime juice, salt and some warm water.
- Blend to a fine paste
- Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for a couple hours
- Top with olive oil, pomegranate, chopped cilantro or any toppings of your choice
- Tastes best paired with some corn crackers.