These Samak Rice/ Barnyard Millet and Beetroot Tikki/ Cutlet and Til (seasme) and Mint Chutney are a must try if you are fasting and looking to eat something different for lunch.
These delicious cutlets are vegan, glutenfree, healthy and nourishing.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates if you make these Cutlets. I would love to hear from you.
BEETROOT & SAMAK RICE CUTLET
A vegan, glutenfree cutlet recipe made with Beetroot and Samak Rice/ Barnyard Millet. Perfect for people who are fasting too.
- 1 Cup Samak Rice
- 2 Beetroot
- 1.5 Cup Paneer
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger chopped
- Green Chillies finely chopped (to taste)
- Sendha Namak to taste
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- Wrap the Beetroot in foil, coat lightly with Olive Oil and bake in the oveoven at 175 deg C for 45 mins.
- Cool the baked Beetroot. Grate and keep aside
- Mix together cooked Samak Rice, roasted Beetroot, grated Paneer, chopped roasted peanuts, finely choppechopped ginger, sendha namak and chopped green chillies to taste and chopped Coriander.
- Refrigerate this mix for a couple hours
- Roll into balls and flatten.
- Cook on a skillet with a little Oil.
Can I boil beetroot instead of baking ??
Yes you can, however the colour and flavor will not be as intense. Try steaming instead of boiling.