Baba Ganoush is a traditional Lebanese dip made with smoked Eggplant. Often confused with Moutabal, this dip uses a few extra ingredients like finely chopped Tomatoes, Onions, Parsley etc which sets it apart from Moutabal. The main difference though between a classic Baba Ganoush and Moutabal is the absence of Tahina in the former.
Do make this very simple and flavor packed recipe and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates.
You can also find my creamy, delicious and must try recipe for Moutabal here.
Have a wonderful day.
- 1 Eggplant large
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 3 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to garnish
- Pomegranate to garnish
- Pine Nuts to garnish
- 2 tsp Olive Oil to garnish
- Rub the Eggplant with oil and cook it on the gas flame until it is nicely charred
- Remove from stove, let it cool a little and remove the black skin
- Mash the Eggplant with the help of a fork.
- Add chopped Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes, Parsley, Coriander, Garlic, Salt and Lime Juice and Olive Oil
- Mix well, serve in a bowl, top with Pomegranate arils, herbs, Paprika and pinenuts
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving