Today on the auspicious occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, I’m bringing to you a very unique Modak recipe. My recipe today is an Almond and Matcha Modak (Matcha and Almond Katli Modak) which is Vegan and Glutenfree. These fudgy Modak are slightly unconventional however addictively delicious and extremely simple to make.
Wishing you all happy festivities. Have the most wonderful celebration with your families and friends.
Do tag me on Instagram @supaintsonplates #supaintsonplates. I would love to see your gorgeous recreations of my Almond and Matcha Modak.
ALMOND & MATCHA MODAK
An unconventional Modak made with Almonds and Matcha. Vegan, Glutenfree, fudgy and delicious.
- 250 gms Almonds
- 200 gms Sugar
- 2 tbsp Matcha Powder (I used brand Cosmix)
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil cold pressed
- 2 tbsp Water
- Soak the Almonds in hot water for a couple hours
- Deskin the Almonds, transfer to a blender along with 2 tbsp water and pulse to a coarse sand like consistency
- Add Coconut Oil to a pan, once warm add the Almond paste
- Sautee for 3-5 few minutes on a low flame
- Now add Sugar
- Continue to stir until the paste thickens
- Add Rose Water and keep stirring
- Take a small portion of the paste and roll it. If it rolls into a smooth ball, your Badam Katli is ready, if not then stir for few more minutes
- Transfer to a plate and let the mixture cool.Now add the Matcha and mix well
- Make small balls. Add the ball to a Modak mould and shape into a Modak.
- Top with Rose petals and silver leaf
- Serve and Enjoy